African Theology and Religions
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 28 MinutesTime Required: 22 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
With the broad expansion of Christianity in Africa, the African Church and African theology should be understood by us all. This course examines Christian theological formation in Africa against the background of African cultures and religions, and in light of its contemporary context. Also considered are how to study and understand Africa, and the factors that led to the debate on Christian theologizing in Africa. Throughout the course, descriptions and analyses of African religions are provided.
ProfessorTite Tiénou, PhD
- Fuller Theological Seminary, MA and PhD
- Faculté Libre de Théologie Evangélique, Maîtrise en Théologie
- Nyack College, BS
- Appreciate the continent of Africa as Christianity’s most fertile soil.
- Comprehend the major issues in the study of African religions.
- Sketch the history and development of African Christian theology.
- Examine specific African proposals for African theology.
- Ascertain what lessons can be learned from Africa by the rest of the worldwide Christian Church.