Bible BasicsSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 6Avg. Lesson Length: 10 MinutesTime Required: 2 Hours MinimumLevel: Basic
Are you curious about the Bible? Is any of it even relevant for today? The Bible Basics course provides you with an overview of the Bible and will demonstrate how the Old and New Testament books fit together. You will discover spiritual insights that will speak to your heart today and understand why the Bible has become an enduring and influential book. Get started today—just six 10-minute lessons.
I was amazed at how much information was included in this course. A really good overview! Thank you.Grace
Wonderful overview of Old and New Testament Biblical basics!Jimmy
ProfessorOur Daily Bread University
- Recall key elements of the story told in the Old Testament and see how the Old Testament books fit into the categories of history, poetry, or prophecy.
- Identify important characters and events in Genesis and explain how God’s chosen people entered the Promised Land.
- Trace the history of Kings from Saul to Jeroboam and Rehoboam and understand key events in the return of Judah from exile.
- Explain why the New Testament has been both loved and hated and understand the influence of the culture on the writers of the New Testament.
- Give a brief overview of the life of Christ as explained in the Gospels.
- Explain the major themes of the book of Acts.
- Explain major issues addressed by the New Testament Epistles (letters).
- Understand key ideas in the book of Revelation.
This was a great course on the basic breakdown of the Bible, it’s beginnings, and how to approach it for the first time.Amanda
Truly insightful and relevant teachings. The lectures are informative and the quizzes help to commit the information to memory. Overall I feel the format is a very effective teaching tool.Charlotte
Another excellent course. I am encouraged to continue on in my studies at CUGN and gain a better understanding of God’s Word.Pamela