DetailsNumber of Lessons: 6Avg. Lesson Length: 10 MinutesTime Required: 2 Hours MinimumLevel: Basic
Are you curious about the Bible? Is any of it even relevant for today? The Bible Basics course provides you with an overview of the Bible and will demonstrate how the Old and New Testament books fit together. You will discover spiritual insights that will speak to your heart today and understand why the Bible has become an enduring and influential book. Get started today—just six 10-minute lessons.
ProfessorOur Daily Bread Christian University
- Recall key elements of the story told in the Old Testament and see how the Old Testament books fit into the categories of history, poetry, or prophecy.
- Identify important characters and events in Genesis and explain how God’s chosen people entered the Promised Land.
- Trace the history of Kings from Saul to Jeroboam and Rehoboam and understand key events in the return of Judah from exile.
- Explain why the New Testament has been both loved and hated and understand the influence of the culture on the writers of the New Testament.
- Give a brief overview of the life of Christ as explained in the Gospels.
- Explain the major themes of the book of Acts.
- Explain major issues addressed by the New Testament Epistles (letters).
- Understand key ideas in the book of Revelation.