Christian WorldviewSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 43 MinutesTime Required: 34 Hour MinimumLevel: Advanced
How do you view reality? What is the source of your knowledge? Do you live what you believe? Such are the questions that a worldview answers. This course examines the nature and function of belief structures, and the value of developing and living a distinctly Christian life. The course develops a Christian worldview from a redemptive history model of biblical theology, which is then clarified using the philosophical categories of metaphysics, epistemology, and axiology. Learners will gain an understanding of modern and postmodern thought and how to critique them biblically, and are encouraged to develop and apply a Christian worldview to life and ministry.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
ProfessorJames M. Grier, ThD (1932-2013)
- Grace Theological Seminary, ThD
- Westminster Theological Seminary, ThM
- Grace Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Baptist Bible College, BTh
- Explain the functions and concepts of a worldview.
- Inventory presuppositions and control beliefs that inform his/her own worldview.
- Formulate a Christian worldview and evaluate ideas, values, and processes in life situations from the perspective of that worldview.
- Analyze alternative worldviews in the categories of metaphysics, epistemology, and axiology.
- Enact worldview principles in Christian ministry.