Dynamics of Working with OffendersSubscribe to Access
Dynamics of Working with Offenders
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 21 MinutesTime Required: 24 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
This course has been a tremendous blessing to myself and to those that I minster to.Anonymous
The knowledge gained is priceless!Anonymous
- Northern Illinois University, EdD
- Western Michigan University, MA
- Calvin College, BS
- Cornerstone University, BA
- Describe inmate profiles and explain both their usefulness and limitations.
- Assess the variables within the psychological make-up and sociological backgrounds of offenders and how the Gospel can best be used to intervene in these behavioral patterns.
- Identify the “pains of imprisonment” that exacerbate healing and behavioral change.
- Develop biblically based strategies that can positively impact offenders.
- Describe the unique characteristics of a variety of offenders and propose compassionate ministry approaches.
- Identify the various attitudes and behaviors exhibited by inmates that comprise the unique correctional culture.
- Research an approved topic in special populations or criminology.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsOutlinesDiscussion QuestionsHandoutsQuizzes & Exams
I believe that this course has better equipped me to serve in ministry of ALL kinds.Anonymous
I was able to immediately apply what I learned to my life and ministry work.Anonymous
For me, the MI training was so beneficial. I believe that this technique will help me to understand and be able to accommodate the needs of the ladies that I serve.Anonymous
A very informative course. I like the direct ministry focus.Anonymous
It is a Christian course and truly is Bible centered. It teaches practical ways to minister to inmates and their families.Anonymous
Easy to navigate coursework; equips us for Christian ministry.Anonymous
I was able to implement the material I learned right away in the ministries I am involved in. I have even used MI [Motivational Interviewing] at work with the 30 guys that work for me.Anonymous