Expository PreachingSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 20Avg. Lesson Length: 14 MinutesTime Required: 9 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Preaching is the primary way God has appointed for the teaching of the truths of His Word. Preaching well done honors God, expounds the Bible, and equips its hearers for spiritual growth and fruitful ministry. But, those who preach must make a study of the art. Dr. Haddon Robinson has taught preaching skills for more than five decades and offers tried and proven methods of teaching that have trained many who are either preparing for or are active in various areas of ministry. By focusing on the world of the Bible, the mindset of the expositor, and the development of teachable ideas, Robinson leads the student to the preparation and presentation of effective sermons.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
Great course; Strong and knowledgeable instructor.Elbert
This was my first course. Dr. Robinson is beyond amazing in his approach, delivery, and understandability. I have benefited from this course even prior to completing it. Looking forward to the next one!Mark
ProfessorHaddon W. Robinson, PhD (1931-2017)
- University of Illinois, PhD
- Southern Methodist University, MA
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- Build a bridge between the ancient world of the Bible and the contemporary world of today’s audience.
- Define and practice expository preaching.
- Apply three developmental questions to the study of a text of Scripture.
- Discover the main idea in any given passage of Scripture.
- Develop sermons around main ideas of Bible passages.
- Define both exegetical idea and homiletical idea, understanding the difference.
- Understand and apply good communication models.
- Explain the difference between inductive and deductive sermons.
- Generate an effective sermon outline.
- Write and deliver an expository sermon.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsOutlinesQuizzes & Exams
It really gave me great insight into expository preaching.Bobby
The course is very helpful for me as it increased my knowledge for preparing my preaching.Moreno