Faith at WorkSubscribe to Access
Faith at Work
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 5Avg. Lesson Length: 36 MinutesTime Required: 6 Hours MinimumLevel: Intermediate
Many believers long to find ways to better integrate their faith and work. Some feel as though they are in a second-class role because they were not called into full-time Christian ministry. Some struggle with identifying their purpose, calling, and giftedness; having no role model; knowing how to integrate faith and work; and knowing how to share and defend faith in the workplace. As a result, these believers are frustrated and can fall short of fully integrating their faith with their work.
If this has been your experience, get ready to be encouraged. These five lessons will help you reflect on your life purpose to bring glory to God and the topic of calling and giftedness. You will discover the importance of having a mentor and being a mentor. You will learn about spiritual formation at work and how your identity in Christ should be reflected in the workplace. And we’ll wrap up by discussing evangelism and apologetics, helping you build confidence as you prepare to share and defend faith in the workplace. A resource section of 125 websites is also provided for your personal reference and use.
The New Testament challenges each of us: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters” (Colossians 3:23 NIV).
With this in mind, we offer the course “Faith at Work.”
I enjoyed the course, thank you!Kathy
WOW !!! It is revolutionary, encouraging, challenging, confrontational and yet loaded with a message of HOPE for individuals, groups and Churches. It is easy to understand, practical and insightful. Thank you for this life-changing course.Sebo
ProfessorDr. Robert Harp
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, DMin
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- Wheaton College, BA and MA
- Evaluate his/her current life situation and resolve to set God-honoring priorities.
- Discern personal calling and giftedness and discover ways to honor God with personal talents.
- Understand the importance of mentoring in the context of family, Christian community, and the workplace.
- Discover ways to find a mentor and to be a mentor.
- Recognize that work is a place to honor God with our talents and to be a blessing to others.
- Build confidence and preparedness in responding to questions about our faith.
Christian Leadership FoundationsDetails
Content was excellent and supplemental materials are very useful.Theresa