DetailsNumber of Lessons: 3Avg. Lesson Length: 53 MinutesTime Required: 36 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Why did Moses choose to tell the story of Abraham the way he did? What does it mean for us today? This course provides an analysis of Genesis 11:10-25:18, the life of Abraham, from a Christian perspective. It analyzes the literary structure, the meaning for the original audience, and modern application for us today. The course is based on the Third Millennium DVD series by Dr. Richard L. Pratt, Jr.
ProfessorRichard L. Pratt Jr., ThD
- Harvard University, ThD
- Union Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Roanoke College with advanced studies at Westminster Theological Seminary, BA
- Become more interested in studying the life of Abraham in Genesis 11:10-25:18, and in applying the teachings to his/her life.
- Understand key information regarding the literary structure, original meaning, and modern application of Genesis 11:10-25:18.
- Apply the teachings of Genesis 11:10-25:18 to his/her own life and use these teachings to evaluate contemporary expressions of thought.