Father AbrahamSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 3Avg. Lesson Length: 53 MinutesTime Required: 36 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Why did Moses choose to tell the story of Abraham the way he did? What does it mean for us today? This course provides an analysis of Genesis 11:10-25:18, the life of Abraham, from a Christian perspective. It analyzes the literary structure, the meaning for the original audience, and modern application for us today. The course is based on the Third Millennium DVD series by Dr. Richard L. Pratt, Jr.
A great deal of learning about studying these Old Testament passages and a great benefit of having this information as a starting point of deeper learning.Donald
Loved doing this and will be returning to material to revise often as long as it is accessible by me!Barbara
ProfessorRichard L. Pratt, Jr., ThD
- Harvard University, ThD
- Union Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Roanoke College with advanced studies at Westminster Theological Seminary, BA
- Become more interested in studying the life of Abraham in Genesis 11:10-25:18, and in applying the teachings to his/her life.
- Understand key information regarding the literary structure, original meaning, and modern application of Genesis 11:10-25:18.
- Apply the teachings of Genesis 11:10-25:18 to his/her own life and use these teachings to evaluate contemporary expressions of thought.
This course blew my mind! It opened my eyes to look deeper into the story of Abraham. I was hooked from the very first lesson. I can say I am truly excited about learning once again FINALLY! Thank you so much!!!Juliane
This is an outstanding course. I highly recommend it. The instructor was great! He was thorough and I loved his use of repetition. I will go back over this course so it is “glued” in my brain. This was more than I expected. Thank you so much for offering this course. Hope this instructor teaches more classes. He is not monotone.Rev. Sheril