Foundations of Spiritual Formation II: The Disciplines of LifeSubscribe to Access
Foundations of Spiritual Formation II: The Disciplines of Life
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 8Avg. Lesson Length: 43 MinutesTime Required: 11 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
How is spirituality formed both in private and in community? This course explores the meaning of biblical Christianity and its relation to faith and practice, giving special attention to spiritual formation through prayer, meditation, and personal disciplines. The lectures form a paradigm of spiritual growth and maturity that will affect both the individual and the church.
ProfessorGordon T. Smith, PhD
- Loyola School of Theology, the Ateneo de Manila University, PhD
- Canadian Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Develop a functional definition of spiritual formation.
- Foster a growing desire for knowing and serving God.
- Practice key spiritual disciplines such as discerning prayer, meditation on Scripture, and holy living.
- Place a high value on spiritual growth for yourself and those you teach.