How to Teach the BibleSubscribe to Access
How to Teach the Bible
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 4Avg. Lesson Length: 13 MinutesTime Required: 1.5 Hours MinimumLevel: Intermediate
Teaching the Bible to others is an important responsibility that should be practiced with great care. This course introduces the foundational skills that will guide a Bible teacher step-by-step through the process of preparing an effective Bible-study course or session.
Definitely a start regarding becoming and being an effective Bible teacher. I appreciate that the lecturer was clear that this is only an introduction and is intended for those lay-persons who find that they have the privilege of teaching God’s word in a non-academic environment. We definitely need more lay-teachers in the work environment, on secular campuses, at the neighborhood diner, even on public transportation. This was a very helpful course. Thank you.Pamela
This course exceeded my expectations as well as challenged me to approach Bible study with great care and passion for God’s Word and the people I teach.Carolyn
ProfessorSid Buzzell, PhD
- Michigan State University, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- Philadelphia College of the Bible, BS
- Explain why it is essential to teach the Bible well.
- Prepare a Bible passage to teach in various lesson formats.
- Generate and write clearly stated lesson goals.
- Prepare a lesson’s introduction, outline, and conclusion.
- Describe and use methods to increase quality student participation in a lesson.