Ministering to People in Pain
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 10Avg. Lesson Length: 18 MinutesTime Required: 7 Hours MinimumLevel: Intermediate
All of us experience pain in different ways at different times in our lives. For most of us, pain is a common experience that we don’t want. In fact, we go to great lengths to try to avoid it. But when we find we can’t avoid it, most of us need help in dealing with it. In this course, Dr. Alice Mathews and Dr. Karen Mason explain several types of interventions, which help us understand how we can come alongside people in pain and minister to them more effectively.
ProfessorAlice Mathews, PhD
- Iliff School of Theology/University of Denver, PhD
- Michigan State University, MA
- Bob Jones University, BA
- Understand various definitions and causes of pain.
- Define “minister” and explain how a minister comes alongside people in pain.
- Learn to make sense of life’s negative experiences in light of Who we believe God is.
- Identify and employ various methods of intervening in people’s lives in order to help them.