Ministering to Women in the ChurchSubscribe to Access
Ministering to Women in the Church
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 43 MinutesTime Required: 34 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Often overlooked or misunderstood are the vital roles of women in the home, society, and the church. Leadership will study ministry to and by women, including biblical foundations for women and principles for evangelizing, discipling, and counseling women. Lectures focus on the history of women’s ministries in the church, the role of women’s ministries in the New Testament, and the contemporary cultural context for women’s ministries. In addition, students will learn how to minster to the needs of specific women’s ministries. In addition, students will learn how to minister to the needs to specific women’s groups, such as singles, homemakers, those in the workplace, and those who are hurting.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
This is my first course with CUGN and I must admit it was very informative and helpful. It has opened my eyes to the temptations of the devil and how I should trust and rely on God’s word to help me make the decision for my day to day life.Tonya
There were some wonderful points made that I was able to use to modify some of the groups I lead to meet the needs of more women.Kara
ProfessorLucy Mabery-Foster, PhD (Deceased 2002)
- Texas Women’s University, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, MA and ThM
- Southern Methodist University, BA
- Articulate a biblical philosophy of ministry to and with women.
- Discuss the nature of Christian ministry to and with women.
- Evaluate aspects of ministry to and with women from a biblical perspective.
- Grow in his/her understanding and appreciation of the unique privileges and opportunities of women in Christian ministry.
- Clarify his/her own personal approach to women in ministry.