New Testament BasicsSubscribe to Access
New Testament Basics
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 10Avg. Lesson Length: 18 MinutesTime Required: 7 Hours MinimumLevel: Basic
“How to Get Out of the World Alive” might be a better title for the New Testament. The main theme of the New Testament is that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners and to give you a quality of life that would be absolutely impossible if He hadn’t come. How does this good news affect you? What will you do with this amazing gift that God offers you through Jesus Christ? The New Testament Basics course will show you the importance of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus and how to get out of this world alive.
This course was so enjoyable and gave a very good guideline on why the New Testament is constructed the way it is, who the writers were, and who they were addressing. Thank you.Amanda
At the beginning of this course I thought I was already knowledgeable about everything that it would be teaching but I found that that was not the case at all, and I learned quite a bit from this course. I probably benefited the most by understanding who the author of each of the epistles were, the audience they were addressing and the basic theme for each of the epistles. In fact, in my own Bible reading I have been reading through Acts and I am just finishing Romans, and I am already getting more out of my personal Bible reading time having taken this course. This course was very well organized.Kathleen
ProfessorSid Buzzell, PhD
- Michigan State University, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- Philadelphia College of the Bible, BS
- Name the different categories of New Testament books.
- Summarize the New Testament’s divine love story and explain the role of Christ in this part of the Bible.
- Identify the uniqueness of each gospel and its writer and show how the corporate witness of all four gives an in-depth picture of the Person and work of Christ.
- Answer the question: “Who is Jesus Christ?”
- Give characteristics of miracles and parables and apply principles for correctly interpreting a parable.
- Explain the major themes of the book of Acts.
- Give a brief biographical sketch of the apostle Paul, including his missionary journeys, and understand his compelling spiritual passion.
- Understand key themes and apply important spiritual truths from each of the Epistles.
- Give an overview of the book of Revelation and apply spiritual truths from it.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsListening GuidesDiscussion QuestionsHandoutsQuizzes & Exams
Spiritual Growth FoundationsDetails
Christian Leadership FoundationsDetails
Bible Study FoundationsDetails
I have been studying the Bible for years, but I was pleased that I was able to learn so much from a basic course.Robert
This course was presented in a way that was relevant, easy to understand and kept me interested in going further with other courses in this series of the New Testament.Charles