New Testament Survey I: The Gospels/The Life of ChristSubscribe to Access
New Testament Survey I: The Gospels/The Life of Christ
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 43 MinutesTime Required: 34 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
In this course, students complete a chronological and synthetic study of the Gospels’ accounts of Christ’s birth, life, death, resurrection, and ascension. The course focuses on the time, place, circumstances, and people involved in the events of our Lord’s ministry. From the incarnation to the ascension, students will grasp a fuller understanding of Christ’s words and works in light of Old Testament prophecy and cultural context.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
I really enjoyed this course. It made me think deeper about things I have read in the Bible.Zeneida
The course gave me great understanding of the life of Christ and His ministry on earth.Moreno
ProfessorTerry C. Hulbert, ThD (1925-2014)
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM and ThD
- University of Western Ontario, BA
- Trace the events and statements involved in Jesus’ life in a logical and chronological sequence, demonstrating their development and purpose.
- Discern the significance of many of the words and works of Jesus Christ.
- Explain the implications for our lives of certain basic truths taught and demonstrated by Jesus Christ during His ministry on earth.
- Articulate to others the importance of Jesus’ life, work, and teaching.
- Assess your life in the light of new understanding of what Jesus requires of His followers.
- Identify at least two attitudinal and/or behavioral changes made or mandated in your personal life as a result of increased understanding of the life and work of Jesus Christ.