Post-Exilic ProphetsSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 40 MinutesTime Required: 32 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Even when His people fail, God remains faithful. This course explores God’s relationship with Israel after the exile as recorded in the historical and biblical contexts of the prophets Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. The course begins with a study of the historical and cultural backgrounds of each book and then moves to a detailed exposition of the messages, events, and contents of the postexilic books. Rigsby examines how these messages of God’s faithfulness apply to His people today.
ProfessorRichard O. Rigsby, PhD, ThD
- College of William and Mary and George Washington University, graduate work
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, ThD and PhD
- Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, BD and MDiv
- John B. Stetson University, AB
- Understand the times in which the Post-Exilic Prophets ministered.
- Grasp how the Post-Exilic period fits into the flow of Biblical history.
- Be acquainted with the messages of Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
- Be aware of how these messages might be applied today.