Prayer BasicsSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 10Avg. Lesson Length: 17 MinutesTime Required: 5 Hour MinimumLevel: Basic
The goal of this course is to help students discover the adventure God desires prayer to be, and to deepen their own relationship with Him through it. The student will gain a scripturally-based understanding of the vital importance of prayer for the Christian life and benefit from several practical strategies for pursuing it personally.
Great class and wealthy of knowledge to be used in everyday life.Aram
This was my first course. So much like the format which allows one to listen and/or read simultaneously. Teacher did a great job. Material was separated into manageable segments.Dwight
ProfessorJames Banks, DMin
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, DMin
- Princeton Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Westmont College, BA
- Ascertain the priority God places on prayer in Scripture.
- Discern the necessity of prayer for effective Christian ministry to others.
- Identify several key biblical passages which underscore different ways to pray, including intercessory prayer, fasting and praying with others.
- Comprehend several obstacles to prayer and how to overcome them.
- Develop effective strategies for coping with unanswered prayer.
- Ascertain a biblical understanding of what it means to persevere in prayer and to live prayerfully in God’s presence.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsListening GuidesDiscussion QuestionsQuizzes & Exams
Praise the lord for insightsWilliam
I have learned to get closer to God after taking this course.Cam
So good so practical. And so doableDonald
My wife and I are really enjoying the lectures on prayer. You’d think that people in their mid-70’s who spent their career in pastoral ministry would have this “Prayer thing” mastered… but the lectures are so practical and helpful. We’re actually listening together for our “devotions”!Ray
This course answered some questions for me and confirmed what I had already been practising.Aileen
I truly have enjoy and learn from this course. Is been spiritual uplifting, will recommend it to anyone that will like to learn more about prayer they will feel different once they take it like I did to God be the glory thank you so much.Evelyn
Dr Banks is truly a blessed and gifted man, I truly enjoyed his stories, his heart and his dedication to Christ!Steven