Prayer BasicsSubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 10Avg. Lesson Length: 17 MinutesTime Required: 5 Hours MinimumLevel: Basic
The goal of this course is to help students discover the adventure God desires prayer to be, and to deepen their own relationship with Him through it. The student will gain a scripturally-based understanding of the vital importance of prayer for the Christian life and benefit from several practical strategies for pursuing it personally.
I’ve really enjoyed this course. It helped me to learn scriptures, pray more scripturally as well as focus on the importance of praying with others. It has also given me more confidence in praying for others. I thank God for the opportunity to take this course.Jeanetta
I learned a lot about prayer. This course really covered all the bases! Thank you!Catia
ProfessorJames Banks, DMin
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, DMin
- Princeton Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Westmont College, BA
- Ascertain the priority God places on prayer in Scripture.
- Discern the necessity of prayer for effective Christian ministry to others.
- Identify several key biblical passages which underscore different ways to pray, including intercessory prayer, fasting and praying with others.
- Comprehend several obstacles to prayer and how to overcome them.
- Develop effective strategies for coping with unanswered prayer.
- Ascertain a biblical understanding of what it means to persevere in prayer and to live prayerfully in God’s presence.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsListening GuidesDiscussion QuestionsQuizzes & Exams
I really enjoyed the lessons; each of them challenged me to go deeper and how much I didn’t know.Angela
I truly enjoyed the lessons. They gave me a new perspective on prayer.Dorothy
I enjoyed this course so much. It was exactly what I was looking for. Actually, it exceeded my expectations. After this course, I felt growth in the knowledge of faith. The questions that I had while on my spiritual journey have certainly been answered. Also, the course discussed things I never thought about; it gave me insight and knowledge.Dannita
This course covers many aspects of prayer that are often not taught in churches, let alone new believers classes.Everett
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and learned many things about prayer that had not crossed my mind before. I believe my prayer life will be more satisfying and richer because of it. Thank you for providing this opportunity!Erin
I loved the course. Thank you!Patti
I enjoyed it and learned a lot about prayer.J.
Excellent writing, reinforcement, and retention strategies. I learned sooooo much!Skip
Great class and wealthy of knowledge to be used in everyday life.Aram