Reading the Book of RevelationSubscribe to Access
Reading the Book of Revelation
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 5Avg. Lesson Length: 10 MinutesTime Required: 3 Hours MinimumLevel: Basic
Common responses to the book of Revelation throughout history have been “It’s too hard for me to understand!” or “It’s just a depressing book about doom and gloom.” In this course, you will explore the depth, beauty, and application of this early first-century book. Discover its literary characteristics, its original audience’s unique circumstances and its author’s purpose in writing to them. You will also explore how we can know that the book was meant to be understood by its readers so you can arrive at the heart of the book’s message and discover its application for your life today.
Excellent intro class into the book of Revelation. I would take a class with Dr. Mathewson at any time. He is clear, concise, and makes things very understandable.Steven
These courses have open my eyes to a better understanding of Scripture.Chet
ProfessorDavid Mathewson, PhD
- University of Aberdeen, PhD
- Denver Seminary, MA
- Colorado Christian University, BA
- Identify Revelation’s literary style, understand its historical context, and use this knowledge to better understand the book.
- Explain John’s original purpose for writing the book of why it is relevant for modern-day readers.
- Explain how we can know the book of Revelation was meant to be understood by its original readers and how we can take steps to better understand it today.
- Describe the heart of Revelation’s message.
- Identify specific applications for the book of Revelation.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsDiscussion QuestionsQuizzes & Exams
It was a wonderful lesson for me. I was able to understand more of the real purpose of this book.Maria