Reading the PsalmsSubscribe to Access
Reading the Psalms
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 5Avg. Lesson Length: 12 MinutesTime Required: 2 Hours MinimumLevel: Basic
In this course, Dr. Knut Heim seeks to excite and motivate students to learn more about the Psalms in ways that will transform their lives. He will examine four very different psalms, showing students how to read varying types of psalms for all they are worth.
The course helped me to understand the Psalms better so I can go forward and read them now.Patti
I enjoyed it as it was helpful while being brief. I think that there’s plenty of room for more study but this was a good introduction to [the Psalms].Steve
ProfessorKnut Heim, PhD
- University of Liverpool, PhD
- Free Theological University Gießen, MDiv
- Explain why it is worthwhile for Christians to study the Psalms.
- Identify several literary devices and explain how they contribute to a psalm’s meaning.
- Look for new and imaginative ways to read the Psalms.
- Describe modern applications for four specific psalms: Psalm 23, Psalm 103, Psalm 72, and Psalm 137.
ActivitiesVideo LecturesAudio LecturesTranscriptsDiscussion QuestionsQuizzes & Exams
I am extremely grateful for this brief introduction to reading the Psalms. My enthusiasm has been fired up to spend regular time applying what I have learned so far, and to further study the Psalms to add to my understanding and appreciation of the Psalms, and apply the lessons learned to my life.Stephen
I am beyond satisfied and have learned so much from this.Lauren