Reformation Church HistorySubscribe to Access
Reformation Church History
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 44 MinutesTime Required: 35 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
The Reformation changed the world spiritually, socially, and politically. In this course, learners trace the historic development of the Protestant Reformation from its 16th-century background to its impact on the world and the church today. The course examines the lives and teachings of the leading Reformers (Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, and Knox) and traces the Reformation movement in various nations. In addition, students study the rise of the major Protestant movements (Lutheranism, Calvinism, Anabaptism, and Puritanism) and the Roman Catholic reactions to those movements. The goal of the course is to apply the Reformation battle cries of faith alone, grace alone, and Christ alone to life and ministry.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
Very interesting to learn who and where the reformation began. Understanding that these reformation leaders who Hungered for the truth and understanding of God’s Word was the beginning of modern Bible translations.Masayoshi
ProfessorW. Robert Godfrey, PhD
- Stanford University, MA and PhD
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Stanford University, BA
- Understand the origin, history, and doctrines of the Protestant Reformation.
- Interpret the state of the western world and church today.
- Appreciate the Lord’s providential care of His Church.
- Recognize dangers that have faced the Church in order that past mistakes not be repeated.