SoteriologySubscribe to Access
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 28 MinutesTime Required: 24 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Soteriology means different things to different people. Buddhism views salvation as a death of desire. Hinduism sees salvation as an end to samsara. Muslims surrender themselves as they repent and atone for their sins while Sikhism looks to one’s personal meditation and discipline to achieve union with God. But what about Christianity? What does the Bible teach about salvation? In this course, Dr. H. Phillip Hook explores the Scripture’s teachings on soteriology in order to know how one is saved and to understand the impact of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection.
Excellent study. It was very thorough and filled with corroborating scripture and analysis.Kim
ProfessorH. Phillip Hook, ThD (1932-2011)
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM and ThD
- Westmont College, AB
- Adrian College and the University of Buffalo, summer research studies
- Explain how Christian salvation differs from other soteriologies.
- Understand the Bible’s teaching on salvation.
- Identify the key Scripture references for soteriology.
- Praise God more fully for the salvation provided through His Son.