The Epistle of JamesSubscribe to Access
The Epistle of James
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 12Avg. Lesson Length: 28 MinutesTime Required: 12 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Written to offer encouragement to those facing trials, James’ rich message has long stimulated in-depth study. Students begin with an overview of epistles in general before examining the historical background to the epistle of James. Lease then takes them on a line-by-line exegesis of the text’s teaching, culminating with the privilege of intercession for others and showing why we should rejoice in our trials knowing that God is molding us for His greater purpose.
ProfessorStuart E. Lease, DD (1930-2004)
- Lancaster Bible College, DD
- Boston University, MA
- Gordon College, AB
- Lancaster Bible College, BA
- Grasp the message of the book of James.
- Understand the theological implications of the book.
- Articulate the relationship between faith and works.
- Express the importance of struggle in one’s faith development.
- Recognize the dangers and benefits of use of the tongue.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.