The History of Missions through 1983
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 43 MinutesTime Required: 33 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
History is “His Story”: the account of God at work establishing His purposes and His Kingdom. In this course, Dr. Kane covers the historic development of the Christian world mission in chronological sequence from Pentecost to the birth of the modern missions movement (1800). He then introduces the modern period along geographical lines: Asia, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. The course culminates by evaluating the missionary achievements of the past and the prospects for the future.
ProfessorJ. Herbert Kane, LHD (1910-1988)
- Barrington College, LHD
- Brown University, MA
- Barrington College, BA
- Graduate of the Moody Bible Institute
- Provide an overall picture of the progress of the Christian world mission from Pentecost to the present.
- Trace the development of the indigenous church in various major regions of the world.
- Discover and discuss problems peculiar to both church and mission in the world today.
- Be impressed with the magnitude of the unfinished task.