The Letter to the HebrewsSubscribe to Access
The Letter to the Hebrews
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 27 MinutesTime Required: 24 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
From the earliest days of the church, believers have wrestled with the relationship between the old and new covenants. Humanity’s inability to fulfill the Law clearly showed the need for forgiveness, and God’s elaborate sacrificial system demonstrated sin’s consequences. Yet how were Jewish believers to view Jesus? What were the implications of the Messiah being the Great High Priest? In this course, students wrestle with these and other theological questions as they probe Christ’s death and resurrection. Buswell helps learners understand the book’s message while challenging today’s “great cloud of witnesses” to have complete faith in a sovereign and loving God.
ProfessorJ. Oliver Buswell Jr., PhD, DD (1895-1877)
- Houghton College, LLD (honorary degree)
- Dallas Theological Seminary, DD (honorary degree)
- New York University, PhD
- University of Chicago, MA
- McCormick Theological Seminary, BD
- University of Minnesota, AB
- Grasp the message of the letter to the Hebrews.
- Understand the theological implications of the book.
- Articulate the christological and soteriological truths about the incarnation.
- Express the importance of having complete faith and trust in Christ, the Great High Priest.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.
- Recognize God’s amazing love in sending His Son as the perfect atonement.