The Missionary Encounter with World Religions
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 41 MinutesTime Required: 33 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Nothing demonstrates the pluralism of our world better than religion. Christians must be able to respond to the myriad of religious systems that permeate society. This course develops a biblical theology of religions by studying current models and approaches. Using major religious systems as examples, the lectures sketch five characteristics of all religions. Students will learn the major concepts in religious encounter, including the concept of elentics, various definitions of “religion,” and the five magnetic points of religions. The course culminates with practical suggestions for approaching world religions evangelistically.
- Appreciate the need for skill in encountering world religions.
- Understand major concepts in religious encounter.
- Evaluate contemporary models of religious encounter.
- Develop a biblical theology of religions.
- Associate significant persons with their models of religious encounter.
- Analyze religions according to their five magnetic points.