The Prophecy of HabakkukSubscribe to Access
The Prophecy of Habakkuk
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 12Avg. Lesson Length: 27 MinutesTime Required: 12 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
How does one place absolute trust in God in the midst of uncertainty? The book of Habakkuk details the doubts and questions raised by Habakkuk, a man of God searching for answers. Set during a time of Israelite rebellion, Habakkuk was perplexed by the events that surrounded him. In this course, Longenecker takes students through God’s responses as listeners learn about the seriousness of sin and God’s sovereignty in history. The book of Habakkuk shows that believers can place ultimate faith in God even when they don’t fully understand the circumstances of their lives.
ProfessorHarold L. Longenecker, DD (1926-2014)
- Western Baptist Seminary, DD
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, ThM
- Grasp the message of the book of Habakkuk.
- Be convicted of the seriousness of sin and its offense against God.
- Embrace the role doubt can play in one’s spiritual development.
- Recognize God’s love and faithfulness in dark times.
- Understand the book’s relevance for today.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.