The Sermon on the MountSubscribe to Access
The Sermon on the Mount
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 10Avg. Lesson Length: 49 MinutesTime Required: 16 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
Nowhere is the essence of Jesus’ teachings more clearly portrayed than in His Sermon on the Mount. In this course, learners complete an expository and reading study of the Sermon as found in Matthew 5-7. Students examine key issues in the Sermon and analyze the various interpretations therein. The lectures concentrate on both theological and practical questions raised in the Sermon, such as “How did Christ fulfill the law?” and “How should Christians relate to their world?” Throughout the course, Dr. Scott encourages learners to apply the Sermon’s principles to life and ministry.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
A most rewarding course. I would definitely recommend it to others.Russell
Wow, amazing and extremely helpful.Trevor
ProfessorJohn R. W. Stott, DD (1921-2011)
- Multiple honorary doctorates from British, Canadian, and American universities
- Lambeth, DD
- Ridley Hall Theological College at Cambridge, MA equivalent
- Rugby School and Trinity College Cambridge, double first (BA equivalent) in French and Theology
- Appreciate the message of the Sermon on the Mount as God’s Word for our salvation and growth.
- Explain the special theological difficulties raised by the Sermon on the Mount.
- Propose solutions to the theological difficulties raised by the Sermon on the Mount.
- Compare and contrast the ways the Pharisees handled the law with the way Christ fulflled the law.
- Apply key principles from the Sermon to contemporary life and ministry.
- Honor God with your life by being different from the world.