Unlocking the Parables of JesusSubscribe to Access
Unlocking the Parables of Jesus
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 5Avg. Lesson Length: 63 MinutesTime Required: 8 Hours MinimumLevel: Intermediate
In this course, Dr. Craig Blomberg explains the interpretive frameworks we can use to better understand the meanings of the parables. Beginning with the parable of “The Prodigal Son”, you will explore dozens of the stories Jesus told about the Kingdom of God and what it means to follow Him.
ProfessorCraig L. Blomberg, PhD
- University of Aberdeen in Scotland, PhD
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, MA
- Augustana College, BA
- Describe the different structures found in the parables and identify each parable’s structure.
- Discuss problems with some approaches to interpreting the parables.
- Discuss interpretations of each of the parables.
- Understand the importance of the scriptural, historical, and cultural setting of each parable.
- Identify and explain non-canonical parables.
- Explain the themes, theology, and Christology of the parables.