Urban Mission and MinistrySubscribe to Access
Urban Mission and Ministry
DetailsNumber of Lessons: 24Avg. Lesson Length: 29 MinutesTime Required: 23 Hours MinimumLevel: Advanced
As the cities go, the world goes – politically, intellectually, economically, socially, and religiously. This course addresses Christian mission and ministry in the world’s growing cities. A biblical basis for urban ministry is presented and case studies of effective urban strategies worldwide are examined. The course provides key logistics, strategies, models, and insights from one of today’s leading experts in urban missiology. Throughout the lessons the instructor emphasizes holistic ministry, i.e., meeting all needs: social, civil, and political, as well as the spiritual.
This course is part of our Legacy Series of courses from renowned scholars over several decades.
ProfessorRoger S. Greenway, ThD (1934-2016)
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, ThD
- Calvin Theological Seminary, BD and ThM
- Calvin College, BA
- Articulate the biblical and theological framework for urban ministry.
- Evaluate contemporary urban ministries in light of biblical principles.
- Recognize various models of effective urban church planting/ministry.
- Synthesize course content into a workable urban ministry paradigm.
- Assess one’s giftedness and calling in light of God’s call to evangelize and minister to urban populations.